Sunday, July 10, 2011

Leavitt's Malady


Leavitt's Malady from Erik Leavitt on Vimeo.


On July 3rd, one day before I dug deep into my pockets and bought America a birthday cake, I performed at Bodega Wine Bar.  This officially marks my first performance in a space that doesn't prominently feature either a couch or a plasma screen.  I'm moving up in the world.

Somehow I'd forgotten about the events within the story told here until a few weeks ago, presumably because my brain treated it the same way a child's does sexual abuse.  I don't exactly know what that says about the shame I should feel about the actions described herein, other then that there should be a lot of it. so, you know, mission accomplished there.

You can hear more stories like this at the Bodega wine Bar's monthly storytelling series, which you can find out more about here.

2 comments: